Successful track record in helping a diverse set of technology firms place an enhanced focus on the performance, usability and aesthetics of applications. Extensive hands-on experience designing and developing clean, innovative and reliable user interfaces formed around code standards and creative design. Keen ability to rapidly identify and maneuver within advanced development environments while producing cutting edge software.
- HTML Standards & Web Semantics
- CSS & Responsive Web Design
- Front-End Build Operations
- Server-Side Development
- Version Control Management
- Graphic & Interface Design
- CMS & eCommerce Architecture
- Cross Platform & Mobile Deployment
- SEO Strategy & Web Accessibility
- Sublime Text / Atom / VS / iTerm
- Sass / Less / Compass / Modernizr
- React / Angular / jQuery
- Webpack / Gulp / Grunt
- Node / PHP / ASP.net
- Git / NPM / TFVC / SVN
- Photoshop / Illustrator
Ridgewood Associates | Las Vegas, NV Apr 2014 - Present
Independent Developer & Business Owner
Software Development & Consulting Services
- Focused on launching micro-apps and services built on React, Node, Express & MongoDB.
- Developed asset pipelines and front-end build systems using Webpack, Gulp and Grunt.
- Worked with teammates remotely on React and Angular based projects in Node & PHP environments.
- Created interactive CLI utilities that automated data-mining, asset-scraping and DB population.
3rd Learning | Buffalo, NY Feb 2012 - Mar 2014
Senior UI/UX Engineer
Educational & Curriculum-Mapping Software
- Collaborated with educators to build web applications that helped support classroom teachers.
- Implemented and maintained front-end build operations by leveraging tools like Grunt, Sass and QUnit.
- Developed internal utilities that automated scheduling, reporting and other resource management activities.
- Conducted workflow and usability studies to guide product adaptation and feature enhancements.
HUGE | Brooklyn, NY May 2011 - Oct 2011
Digital Services & Commercial Applications
- Translated design comps into module and interface templates, interactive style guides and pattern libraries.
- Developed prototypes of native applications using Sass and jQuery to enable advanced interaction testing.
- Contributed to ongoing projects with remote team members using Git workflow and version control.
360i | New York, NY May 2010 - Jan 2011
eCommerce & Social Media Applications
- Worked with high-end brands on cutting edge web, mobile and social media applications.
- Developed responsive websites with Mobile First and Progressive Enhancement style approach.
- Created prototypes to convey advanced interface concepts and user interactions to stakeholders.
RedCats | New York, NY Jun 2008 - May 2010
Senior UI Engineer
eCommerce & Content Management Systems
- Collaborated with international teams to simplify purchasing operations and enhance product usability.
- Championed front-end build operations that automated client-side asset optimization procedures.
- Experimented regularly with new feature concepts, prototypes, case studies and user scenarios.
- Produced documentation that helped our team to normalize coding standards and styling guidelines.
Media Whiz | New York, NY Jan 2007 - Apr 2008
Web Developer & Creative Designer
eCommerce & Marketing Applications
- Built server-side modules using PHP and Smarty to automate business and reporting processes.
- Revamped websites by targeting bottlenecks and leveraging front-end libraries like MooTools and jQuery.
- Designed logos, interface templates and style guides with Photoshop and Illustrator.
Door 3 | New York, NY Jun 2005 - Nov 2006
Web Developer & Creative Designer
Corporate & Financial Management Applications
- Performed updates and optimizations on PHP and ASP.net back-end functionality.
- Designed site layouts, product features and workflows with Photoshop, Illustrator and Visio.
- Worked on-site with clients to build new features and enhance existing components.