John Rodler - Full Stack Developer + User Interface & Experience Engineer
Full Stack Developer + UI / UX Engineer
Successful track record in helping a diverse set of technology firms place an enhanced focus on the performance, usability and aesthetics of applications. Extensive hands-on experience building and launching clean, innovative and reliable applications formed around code standards and creative design. Keen ability to rapidly identify and maneuver within complex environments while producing cutting edge software.
- Dev-Ops & Build Management
- Cloud & Serverless Architecture
- E2E Testing & Deployment Management
- Project & Source Control Management
- HTML Standards & Web Semantics
- CSS & Responsive Web Design
- Cross Platform & Mobile Development
- SEO Strategy & Web Accessibility
- CMS & eCommerce Architecture
- Angular / React / Node / Mongo / TypeScript
- Webpack / Grunt / Sass / Karma / Jest
- Firebase / Google Cloud / AWS
- Codeship / CircleCI / Cypress
- Git / Npm / Vim / Hyper / VS Code
Christian.com | Las Vegas, NV Aug 2019 - Present
Full Stack Engineer
eCommerce & Lifestyle Applications
- Collaborated with remote and overseas developers to enhance and maintain online dating systems.
- Built custom dashboards and automated reporting systems using AWS Lambda and DynamoDB.
- Designed and created responsive websites and microsites for marketing and social media campaigns.
- Performed A/B testing routines to target most optimal interfaces and feature sets.
Lightspeed VT | Las Vegas, NV Oct 2017 - Aug 2019
Senior Frontend Developer
Streaming Video & Virtual Training Software
- Refocused product suite to encompass a rich, responsive and mobile-friendly user experience.
- Launched StyleGuide to provide users and developers with an interactive product and component library.
- Revamped release management process to automate Karma + E2E testing operations using Codeship.
- Translated legacy ColdFusion interfaces to REST / API-driven, service-based Angular applications.
- Handled auxiliary initiatives ranging from ad-hoc prototypes and marketing microsites to managing custom asset libraries and internationalization.
JROD INC | Las Vegas, NV Apr 2014 - Present
Full Stack Engineer
Software Consulting Services
- Launched apps and services built with Angular, React, Node, Express & MongoDB.
- Automated asset pipelines and front-end build systems using Webpack, Gulp and Grunt.
- Built command-line utilities to facilitate data-mining, asset-scraping and database procedures.
- Worked remotely with teammates on React and Angular-based projects in Node & PHP environments.
- Created ng-fire-universal to simplify building Serverless PWA's on Firebase & Google Cloud.
3rd Learning | Buffalo, NY Feb 2012 - Mar 2014
Senior UI / UX Engineer
Educational & Curriculum-Mapping Software
- Collaborated with educators to build web applications that helped support classroom teachers.
- Automated front-end build operations by leveraging tools like Grunt, Gulp, Sass and QUnit.
- Organized and conducted A/B testing, workflow and usability studies to help guide product evolution.